Thursday, July 12, 2012

Pre-Cancer...Not for me!

Jeff here,
So I have Crohn's disease, no secret there.  One things that comes along with Crohn's is an increased chance of colo-rectal cancer (like 20x greater).  What was a psuedo-secret was that 18 months ago I had a colonoscopy which showed that I had a "fast low grade dysplasia."  This increased my chances an additional 15 fold.  That really put a funk in me.  I stopped making long range plans.  I was very worried about any stomach pain, which is fairly often with Crohn's.  Any pain and I would imagine my cells transforming like Bruce Banner.  I lost a lot of focus and I know I tended to be more sullen than I wanted to be.

Well, I just had another colonoscopy and the results came back that the Crohn's is under control and the dysplasia has gone away.  My Doctor biopsied four places every 10 cm. and found no abnormal cell growth...nothing. 

I am very thankful to God for giving me health.  To Dr. Jessi Black of a family healing center for guidance and herbs (and head-standing yodeling lessons).  To Elaine Gotschall for researching a diet that has helped me.  And last but not least to my friends and family who dealt with my issues. 

I'm gonna go have a celebratory dinner...pizza, Burgerville, salad...I don't know I just want to tell everybody.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise God! He is in charge - no matter what comes. We love you, Jeff, and are extremely proud of you. Mom and Dad

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to read this. You have dedicated a lot of time into cooking the right foods, having time for your family, and dealing with a lot. I am proud of you and may God bless you with better health as the days go by.

Anonymous said...

that was me, Cricket (-: