Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Humbled by my Daughter

Last year some of us participated in Dressember.  It's a movement to raise awareness of human trafficking by embracing femininity and wearing dresses all December .  To learn more about this please watch the attached video.  I promise it is worth 12 minutes of your time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGuTpWTcSE8

For about 2 weeks our eldest has been talking about Dressember.  We participated some last year.  I was really proud when she made it 28 days (I think) out of the month.  It has not been brought up again, though I had been thinking of it as I inventoried my dresses this past month trying to remember how I stayed warm last year.  I took inventory and planned, but never said anything.  She on the other hand has told friends at school and tried to recruit her summer camp girls group to participate.  I'm not even sure that she fully understands what human trafficking is or how horrific situations can be, but she has a passion to be an advocate for these people.  She never once asked for more clothes to participate, she never complained last year about being cold or inconvenienced.  She tells people....I'm humbled.

I would encourage your to learn more about this movement.  We do not officially register, but have chosen to give a donation to a reputable organization.  Let us know if you plan to participate in some way, we would love to have you join us.

*If you think you read this before, you probably did.  I accidentally deleted it and just figured out how to copy it out of my history.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your daughter is a blessing to many and certainly thinks of others. What a joy it is to see the young woman she is turning into. Grandma Cricket