Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Growing up

I haven't done a post on growing up in a while, well I have done a post on anything in a while. Truth is I haven't had much to blog about and I have been haveing so much fun just living and being in the weather AND I have been waiting for one of two things to happen. Oddly enough they both (almost) happened. So now you get them both - one for each girl.

First Clara, since she is second born she is rarely first, so I will give her what I can! A few posts ago I told how we were going diaper free, fully expecting to have a lot more accidents but there was no going back. Well she made it 13 days! I was so hoping for 2 weeks and that is what I was waiting to post about. I know you were all waiting on the edge of your seat for that post. But to bad, 13 days will just have to do. I am really impressed with how quickly she has caught on. She is growing up so fast - literally I think she has grown well over an inch in the last six months and for her that is a lot! Today she told me she had to grow up "because I can't grow down".

And now for Heidi - drum roll please:She has lost her first tooth! I know the pictures are bad, but we couldn't get the girl to hold still or stop grinning so big she was covering her bottom teeth! In the second picture she is holding her prized "tooth pillow". I made it for her about a week ago after we first discovered she had a loose tooth (which I was totally unprepared for I might add - I though I had at least another year, well that's what I get for not reading parenting books I guess). The pillow has a little pocket in the front (for all you tooth fairies out there, this makes it much easier to find a tiny tooth under the pillow) that is just big enough to hold a dollar tightly. Yes a dollar is what we hear is the going rate these days. Apparently like everything else the cost of a tooth has gone up as well and now the poor fairy is going to go broke.

As I just heard on Dr. Laura, "With little kids at home the days are long, but the years are so short." To true.

1 comment:

Steven said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.