Thursday, April 8, 2010

Kid quotes

We learned in the adoption class we took last December a little bit about child development. We are by no means experts, but so far it seems that Heidi is a about a year ahead still on most things. We learned that 6-9 year olds really like rules and keeping rules, they want to know where the line is and will usually tell other people if they are wrong.

Heidi has hit this "milestone" lately. OK, maybe Heidi has always had a little bit of this since she could talk (can't imagine where she gets that from....hint: she is the oldest girl of a oldest girl). As her education has progressed, so has her skill in this area. She can now read all of her numbers up to at least 100 and with that comes the ability to tell Jeff and I what our speed limit is at every sign. She takes her self given job very seriously. So seriously in fact that last week when we were half way home from Salem at 10:00 p.m. and she stated, "Mommy, I have to go to sleep, please read all the speed limit signs to daddy." She didn't fall asleep until she made sure I did my job. Thank goodness she doesn't have the angle from the back seat to see the speedometer.

And we mustn't forget Clara. This morning she was taking a bath and I heard her giggling and saying "look bubbles"(don't worry it's not what you are thinking). She was holding a ball under the water and squeezing and releasing it. She called me in to see her cool trick. By the time I got in there she had done this several times and the ball was full of water so when she squeezed it again there was no bubbles. She then stated, "It no working, it batteries dead!" FYI - I do not give my children toys with batteries in the bath tub.

And because no good blog post is complete without a photo, I will leave you with my child, the cute uni-bomber, who insisted on going into the library like this:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your blog. To read about Heidi and Clara's antics allows me to see the growing up side I miss. Clara's picture is a kick! Granma Cricket

lindsayw said...

Heidi and Clara are so cute! I love reading their quotes. They both gave me hugs today in church, and Clara showed me her haircut. :)

You could very nearly do a TV show based on your girls! Or write a book...

psychobob said...

It's Heidi McSpinner Supa Fly!