Monday, March 29, 2010

Heidi is making plans!

I have a great HQ to share because I never want to forget this one. First a little back ground, for about a year now Jeff and I have been planning a younger adult group activity for our church that we call Final Friday - held the last Friday of every month. We always provide child care for cheap so those with kids can easily attend. As we are still in the kick off phase of the group, many times it is only our two girls in care. It was not the case this last meeting. Our girls were joined with another family of four little boys, the oldest being just a little older than Heidi. I bet you are starting to guess were this is going!

This is the story I received after the event from the childcare workers. Heidi and oldest boy J had a great time playing together much of the evening. Apparently this involved a lot of Heidi riding on J's back as he was pretending to be monkey. Throughout the evening J told the workers twice that he was doing what ever she told him to - and he was! After the second time Heidi added, "Yep, he is going to make me a great husband some day!"

When we got home that night we didn't say anything to her about knowing this conversation took place. She again told Jeff that "Someday J is going to make me a good husband." Being a good daddy he then asked, "Oh really, why is that?" "Well," she replied,"because he is strong, and smart, and kind."

So I guess we better start saving, what does a wedding run these days anyway? At leased she picked him for really good qualities. I mean can we really argue with her list of requirements? Plus he is awfully cute.

4 comments:

Ariel Wilson said...

Aw, so cute! :)

Anonymous said...

Heidi is already thinking ahead, imagine that.......she did pick good qualities!
Granma Cricket

Aly sun said...

I know this "J" in question and I agree, he is all those good things. Hopefully by the time dating/marriage is actually an issue we will have convinced Emma that she can't marry her cousins.

After Sunday School last week, Emma told me that one of the boys in her class is "pretty handsome." I asked her more about it and eventually she said that the boy told her that he was pretty handsome and she didn't disagree. Oh, I'm not ready for this!

T & K said...

I was waiting for the reason to be because 'he does everything I say,' but I agree, her list is much more substantial! : ) Too cute!