Thursday, July 1, 2010

Just living not blogging

I looked and realized it has been a month since I have posted. Not for lack of posts per-say. June was a very, very busy month. We went on vacation, had VBS, starting canning, had company, found out my sister is having a boy (starting anatomy lessons with Heidi now - fun, fun!), had the MoPS planning retreat, put in our garden, and just barely stayed on top house work. With all of this going on I choose to live these things and not stress about blogging them. My kids will probably never read these blog entries, but they will remember me reading to them or taking the time to celebrate a completed puzzle with them. I want to remember these days, but enjoy now to the fullest as well.

I am already on the computer a lot - and stalk blogs, my own e-mail, and my husbands facebook (I know lame, I should get my own but then I would waste even more time) too much. My choice to skip blogging for the day is a time saving relief for me. I try vowing to do no computer days until I need to pay a bill, find a recipe, or locate a garage door repair man - google is my friend! But then I end up reading all the new updates that everyone puts up on all theses different sights. I love hearing about them, but I am sure you all have seen that I rarely comment on anything. I have found it is really hard for me to put my thoughts into words and it takes a lot of time for me to do (please know I am praying and thinking of you even though I don't comment). I don't see commenting as a waste of time I know we all love them, but my choice to not comment is another moment for my family. Time is precious and I wish I could slow it down!

I will continue with this blog, but I am sure the posts will be few this summer highlighting big things and things I actually remember to take my camera on! I am not going to stress about the things I haven't blogged about. Thank you my faithful readers for checking in and now before I check out for the evening I will leave you with a new CQ - watch out she is full of them now.

Last week I pulled out an old nickname I had for her, chunk-a-muffin - hankering back to her chunky legs days. She stopped in her tracks and said, "My name isn't chunk-a-muffin!" I was expecting to here "it is Clara!" next while my mind was racing with thoughts of how this nickname had scarred her self image when I heard, "It is Super-DUPER chunk-a-muffin!!" Boy I love that kid!

3 comments:

Notorious M.E.G. said...

Just checked my blog & others for the first time in over two weeks...June is busy! No-- life is always busy :-) Oh well.

alexanders said...

welcome back! :-)

paulashley said...

Hey this is Paul Higgins. I saw your comment on the Greenwoods blog, and wanted to say hi. I wanted to send you an email but couldn't find it so you can email me at paulashley.aug18@gmail.com.