Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Clara quote

I just wanted to share a special moment I had with Clara yesterday and by having it here maybe I will always remember to treasure it. After MoPS yesterday all the kids were telling their mommies that they loved them (good job teachers). This had been on her mind and we were having a conversation about how we loved each other later that day when we were snuggling on the couch before quiet time. It went something like this:

Me: I love you Clara!
Clara: I love you to mommy
M: How do you know that I love you? What does mommy do to show you?
Think, think, think.
C: She forgives me? (yes, sounded like a question, I think she thought it was a test)
M: Yes that is one way!

Beautiful! I love that little girl, and yes I do forgive her. I will need to remember this when she is a teenager I am sure.

What a picture of what God has done for us. We crawl up in His lap and if we just accept that He forgives us, we will know how much we are loved. What a concept for a 3 year old to understand.

BTW she is currently testing the forgiveness theory by standing on a stool behind the couch and kicking her unfastened shoes off over my head. Luckily it didn't have to move to needing forgiveness, I got it stopped before that became an issue. I love being a Mommy to!

Also read more below! I know, I know shocking 2 posts in one day - what can I say I finally had some extra energy - but more on that later.

No comments: