Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Finally all moved in!

It has been almost 3 years now since we bought our house. Yesterday I unpacked the last 3 boxes that were packed for the move. What did they contain? PIGS! Yes they are finally up in their full tackiness on the shelf that is finally finished on 2 walls of the dining room.

Yep, I (Odessa) have a lot of pigs. Sadly this isn't all of them. I have larger ones around the kitchen and a whole trunk of stuffed ones. Yeah, sad. Someday maybe I will let Jeff have some of the space to decorate with his GI Joe collection, but for now it will probably only have pigs added as souvenirs from special vacation. And yes, it is tacky...but it is also really fun! The girls love it and there are so many stories up there!

Like this one:
This was our wedding cake topper! The half heads you can see on the sides was our first cake topper...no we didn't get married twice. Apparently not many stores carry pig cake toppers but I had found one online. The first one came and the groom had his ear broken off, so after I had a replacement in hand that was fully intact, we took out the broken one to shoot at. It was the first time I had shoot a gun and took the grooms head clean off with the 22! Now Jeff knew what he was marrying! OK, so I didn't hit another thing for the rest of the day. And to keep things fair, Jeff did take off the brides head.

So there you have it. We are all moved in but PLEASE DON'T GIVE ME ANY MORE PIGS!!!

3 comments:

Leo and Jen said...

Cracks me up! Looking good and very appropriate for the room you would "pig out" in! Hehe

T & K said...

So glad you unpacked the last boxes! Someday maybe I'll unpack the last boxes! : ) It'll be fun to see what the kids say when we're over next and they see all the pigs!

Anonymous said...

Ha ha, I didn't know that about the "pigs head" and how you got them. Yes, there are a lot of stories and memories behind those pigs. Mama